Jakarta Athletes Bring Home 29 Medals at 2022 ASIAN Para Games
Reported by Aldi Geri Lumban Tobing | Translated by Nugroho Adibrata
I also express my appreciation and gratitude to the officials and the athletes' families
Indonesia succeeded in becoming the General Champion in the 2022 ASEAN Para Games. In the event, Jakarta sent 18 athletes to join other contingents from Indonesia.
Sports Development Division Head Tedi Cahyono said Jakarta athletes contributed 15 gold, seven silver, and seven bronze medals.Dispora - PBVSI to Hold U-18 Club Volleyball Championship
Because of that, he expressed his appreciation and gratitude to all athletes who have struggled to raise the dignity of the Indonesian nation's sport in the international arena.
"I also express my appreciation and gratitude to the officials and the athletes' families," he expressed, Friday (8/12).
He hoped that the achievement could be improved and could be an example for other athletes with disabilities. Medal winners were also expected to continue to excel in international competitions.
"Even, following in the footsteps of a disabled athlete in table tennis, David Jacobs who can excel in the Paralympics," he stated.
The agency also proposed giving charity to athletes with disabilities who won medals at the 2022 ASEAN Para Games.
"We will propose it through the Revised City Budget (APBD). This is a form of our appreciation," he added.
Not only that, athletes with disabilities who succeeded in making Jakarta and Indonesia proud would be proposed to become State Civil Apparatus (ASN) or work in Regional-Owned Enterprises (BUMD).
Moreover, yesterday, the Youth and Sports Ministry (Kemenpora) appointed 57 outstanding athletes with disabilities as ASN.
"We will coordinate with BKD and related parties. We give them equal attention, moreover, there is already a Bylaw on Persons with Disabilities," he explained.
Specifically, he thanked the Jakarta Governor who has given a lot of attention to persons with disabilities in Jakarta, including athletes.
"Thank you, Governor, for your extraordinary attention. Including, the grant for the National Paralympic Committee (NPC) of Jakarta," he stressed.
Here are the Jakarta athletes who contributed medals at the 2022 Para Games event:
- Badminton: Wiwin Andri (one medal)
- Athletic: Maria Goreti (two medals)
- Table tennis: Komet Akbar and David M Jacobs (two medals), David M. Jacobs and Sella Dwi R (one medal), Kusnanto, Hilmi Azizi, Supriyatna G, Aman, Suratman (one medal), Kusnanto and Supriyatna G (one medal), Kusnanto and Hana Hesti (one medal), Kusnanto (one medal), Sella Dwi R, Aminah, Cici Juliani, Imas Yuniar (one medal), Sella Dwi R and Cici Juliani (one medal), Sella Dwi R (one medal), Banyu Tri Mulyo, and M Rian Prahasta, Leonardo A (one medal)
- Archery: Kholidin dan Setiawan (one medal)
- Boccia: Fendy Kurnia P and W Prabawati (one medal)
- Athletic: Maria Gorati (one medal)
- Table tennis: Komet Akbar and Aminah (one medal) and Komet Akbar (one medal), Yayang Gunaya and Tarsilem (one medal), and Tarsilem and Leli Marlina (one medal)
- Archery: Mahda Aulia dan Kholidin (one medal)
- Badminton: Qoirur Rosiqin and W Rahayu (one medal)
- Boccia: Fendy Kurnia P (one medal)
- Blind Judo: Ranto Herli I. S (one medal)
- Archery: Kholidin (one medal)
- Swimming: Firstania Kayla (one medal)
- Basket Ball: I Ketut Gede Nesa J, I Komang Suparta, Lalu Idrus, Kasep Ayatulloh MA, Danu, Kuswantoro, Yulianto, Jaka Sriyana, Denih, Ivo Shadan, Riduan Purba (one medal), I Komang Suparta, Kasep Ayatulloh MA, Danu Kuswantoro, Denih, and Ivo Shadan (one medal).