You don't have javascript enabled. Good luck with that.
Pencarian
Wagub jalan amblas lenteng otoy

Rano Commends Swift Repairs Following Lenteng Agung Road Collapse

Jakarta Vice Governor Rano Karno inspected the repairs to the collapsed section of Jalan Raya Lenteng Agung in Srengseng Sawah, Jagakarsa, South Jakarta, on Tuesday (6/2).

This road has become passable again within five days

Rano said he was impressed by the speed of the repairs, noting that both lanes had been reopened to traffic just five days after the road collapse.

Dishub: Lenteng Agung Road to Reopen in Stages

“I am very surprised that this road has become passable again within five days and is now in fairly good condition,” he said.

Rano explained that the road collapse, which occurred on Thursday (5/28), was caused by the deterioration of an armco steel culvert beneath the road due to age.

“There is a drainage channel beneath the road that carries water from the UI Reservoir in Depok,” he added.

Rano said the repairs were carried out day and night over a four-day period. The operation involved heavy equipment, which required traffic engineering measures for vehicles traveling from Jakarta toward Depok on Monday (6/1).

According to Rano, the damaged culvert section was replaced with a K-400 concrete box culvert. The road surface was then reinforced through concrete paving.

Although the repairs have been completed, Rano acknowledged that additional work is still needed along the roadside, including shoulder improvements and the removal of remaining construction materials to prevent traffic congestion.

“This road, which connects Jakarta and Depok, is a vital access route. I appreciate the Water Resources Agency and Public Works Agency for completing the repairs in such a short time,” he asserted.

Regarding the possibility of similar incidents elsewhere, Rano acknowledged that many underground culverts in Jakarta are still made of armco steel pipes that are more than 30 years old.

Therefore, he has instructed the Water Resources Agency to immediately conduct an inventory and carry out repairs in stages.

“Earlier, I discussed this with the Water Resources Agency and asked them to prepare. We need to be realistic about the situation so that if something happens, we already know what steps to take,” he noted.

Linked News
Popular News indeks
  1. Jakarta Council Begins Deliberations on New Population and Housing Bylaws

    access_time21-08-2026 remove_red_eye1691 personFakhrizal Fakhri
  2. Jakarta Assesses Needs and Coordinates Aid for NTT Earthquake Victims

    access_time16-08-2026 remove_red_eye733 personAldi Geri Lumban Tobing
  3. Pramono: Independence must Be Manifested Through Concrete Action

    access_time17-08-2026 remove_red_eye684 personDessy Suciati
  4. Jakarta Prepares Aid for NTT Earthquake Victims

    access_time16-08-2026 remove_red_eye683 personDessy Suciati
  5. Pramono Commends Madurese Community for Their Vital Role in Building Jakarta

    access_time19-08-2026 remove_red_eye654 personDessy Suciati