Traffic Diversion Implemented While MRT Phase 2A Project Undergoes Land Investigation
Reported by Aldi Geri Lumban Tobing | Translated by Nugroho Adibrata
There will be construction of two underground stations
The Jakarta MRT Project Phase 2A Contract Package 203 (CP203) is currently under construction preparation stage by carrying out soil investigation work.
To smoothen it, PT MRT Jakarta together with the contractor, namely the Sumitomo Mitsui Construction Company Jakarta-Hutama Karya Joint Operations (SMCC-HK JO) had diverted the traffic since April 22 to June 10.Anies Wants MRT Phase 2A to Create Kota Tua as Economic Center Based on Mass Transportation
Here are traffic engineering and work being done as follows:
1. Jalan Gajah Mada, Jalan Hayam Wuruk and Jalan Pintu Besar Selatan, starting from Mangga Besar Intersection to Kota Tua Intersection
2. Jalan Gajah Mada
- There are four work points, namely in front of PT Sumber Mesin raya, Jonisteak, Holiday Inn Entrance, and Glodok Market Entrance
- There is a reduction/narrowing of the road on the regular lane by approximately three meters during the work, precisely in front of PT Sumber Mesin raya, Jonisteak, and the north side of Holiday Inn Entrance
- At the Glodok Market Entrance, there will be a reduction on Jalan Gajah Mada by about one meter
3. Jalan Hayam Wuruk
- There are 14 job points
- No reduction in vehicle lanes during work
4. Sidewalks and regular vehicle lanes at Jalan Pintu Besar Selatan
- There are 16 sixteen work points on sidewalks and Jalan Pintu Besar
- At Jalan Pintu Besar Selatan to Kota and Glodok, the lane width will be reduced by about one meter
PT MRT Jakarta Director President, William Sabandar uttered that it was applied to avoid traffic jam during the ongoing work.
"After it is done, traffic will return to normal," he expressed, Wednesday (4/28).
He added his party and the contractor had signed contract package 203 (CP203) as a continuation of the phase 2A construction on Tuesday (4/20).
"There will be construction of two underground stations, namely, Glodok Station along 240 meters and Kota Station along 411.2 meters, as well as tunnel starting from Mangga Besar to Kota Tua along 1.4 kilometers," he stated.