Heru Holds Meeting with 15 International Organizations
Reported by Aldi Geri Lumban Tobing | Translated by Nugroho Adibrata
Jakarta Acting Governor, Heru Budi Hartono held a meeting accompanied by lunch with representatives of 15 international organizations at Plataran GBK, Tanah Abang, Central Jakarta.
There are several international organizations that are familiar
Those international organizations are partners of the Jakarta Provincial Government who have made a positive contribution in order to supporting development programs and public services in Jakarta so far.
According to him, Jakarta Government still has many problems including land subsidence, reduction of groundwater, clean water services, climate change, and others.City's Efforts to Prevent Inundation in Pulomas Gers Appreciation
Hence, active participation and support from various parties are needed to face these challenges. There is no exception for international organizations to work together to solve it.
This meeting also had a discussion agenda to gather information, express ideas and ideas, as well as input from international partners to become policy-making material.
One of the topics of discussion was related to the central government's policy for Jakarta to gradually switch vehicles using electricity.
“There are several international organizations that are familiar, especially related to the climate change program, and focus on reducing exhaust emissions, food waste, and electricity-based transportation. Now, we meet again to what extent the cooperation has developed and provide input to us," he said, Friday (11/18).
On that occasion, he listened to the views and opinions of representatives of international organizations, including regarding Jakarta when it did not hold the status of the National Capital (IKN).
"How are we going to restore, and change the urban planning order into something that grows, it needs input. This is a big challenge for Jakarta and me. Besides climate and transportation issues, Jakarta must live. Jakarta must fight without frills as the capital city," he explained.
Here are 15 International Organizations that attended the meeting and luncheon:
1. Secretary General for UCLG ASPAC
2. Country Manager of Local Government for Sustainability (ICLEI Indonesia)
3. Environmental Health Country Advisor of Vital Strategies
4. City Adviser for C40
5. Representative to Indonesia for WHO
6. Director for UNESCO
7. Indonesia Resident Representative for UNDP
8. World Bank Country Director for Indonesia.
9. Indonesia Country Director for Asian Development Bank
10. Country Manager for IFC
11. Southeast Asia Director for ITDPm
12. Country Director for World Resources Institute (WRI) Indonesia
13. Director for Resilience Development Initiative (RDI)
14. Country Director for International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT)
15. United Nations Resident Coordinator
"How do you give your views to us. I'm listening, as the Acting Governor you have to make a decision," he stated.