DTKJ Conveys Developments and Recommendations on Bicycle Infrastructure Services
Reported by Yudha Peta Ogara | Translated by Nugroho Adibrata
The Jakarta administration continues to develop the coverage of bicycle infrastructure services in Jakarta. Seeing this, the Jakarta City Transportation Council (DTKJ) hopes that more residents will take advantage of this service.
Traffic management and diversion are carried out to support the policy
DTKJ Chairman Haris Muhammadun said 30 bicycle areas in Jakarta can be used on Sundays between 6 AM to 9 AM.
Based on data as of July 13, 2020, the areas in question are as follows:DTKJ Welcomes Operation of Pink Female-Only Buses in Jakarta
- Central Jakarta: Jalan Suryopranoto, Jalan Percetakan Negara, Jalan Pejagalan Raya, Jalan Paseban Raya, Jalan Zamrud Raya, Jalan Cempaka Putih Raya, and Jalan Danau Tondano
- West Jakarta: Jalan Gadjah Mada, Jalan Hayam Wuruk, Jalan Puri Harum, Jalan Puri Ayu, Jalan Puri Elok, Jalan Puri Molek, Jalan Puri Molek 1, and Jalan Puri Ayu 1
- North Jakarta: Jalan Danau Sunter Selatan, Sunter RBS Kali River Inspection Side, Jalan Pulau Maju Bersama, Jalan Benyamin Sueb, and artery road of Pegangsaan Dua
- East Jakarta Timur: Jalan Pemuda, Jalan RA Fadilah, inspection road of BKT, Jalan Raden Inten, and Jalan Bina Marga
- South Jakarta: JLNT Antasari, Jalan Sultan Iskandar Muda, Jalan Tebet Barat Dalam Raya, Jalan Kesehatan Raya, and Jalan Cipete Raya.
"Jakarta has also provided bicycle parking locations in Jakarta's public transportation services," he expressed in a written statement received by beritajakarta.id, Wednesday (6/27).
Those parking locations are at Tanah Abang and Pasar Senen train stations; Ragunan, Kalideres, Dukuh Atas, and Taman Mini Indonesia Indah (Transjakarta); all MRT Jakarta stations; Pegangsaan Dua Station (LRT Jakarta); and Blok M Bus Terminal, Pasar Senen, Kampung Rambutan, Pinang Ranti, Rawamangun, Tanjung Priok, Manggarai, and Kampung Melayu.
"Since June 2020, the administration together with several stakeholders has launched a bike sharing trial program in Jakarta. This is free of charge every Monday to Friday from 7 AM to 7 PM. It can be accessed via liktr.ee/sepedaberbagi and telephone number 081213983746," he explained.
There is also a bike sharing trial every Monday to Sunday from 6 AM to 6 PM which can be accessed via gowesin.id and telephone number 08119275577.
Aside that, his party had submitted a recommendation that traffic demand management arrangements be made to regulate traffic demand management in the city. It is aimed at forcing private vehicle users to switch to public transport, traffic regulation requires the determination and regulation of urban zoning.
"Then the zoning determination is a prerequisite for implementing a pull and push strategy to prioritize the use of mass public transportation. The zoning can be divided into downtown, supporting, and suburban zones, where downtown zoning is set to limit the movement of private vehicles. Downtown zoning is prioritized for public transport, pedestrians, and cyclists," he furthered.
The next recommendation is that the restrictions on private vehicles are conducted with the principle of users paying or imposing progressive parking rates.
"Traffic management and diversion are carried out to support the policy," he closed.